Spirituality is an important part of enabling our children to become well regulated and mindful.
At Lawford we believe that spirituality is the building of the inner life of a person (adult or child), giving opportunities for awe, an ability to be still and understand themselves, reflect on the world and to develop an awareness of the common bonds which are greater than themselves.
We offer opportunities to develop spirituality through:
- Forest church and forest school;
- Daily collective worship where big questions are asked and the children explore their role in the world as being blessed and a blessing;
- The use of the reflection garden;
- Prayer Space activities supported by the local churches;
- ‘Lawford family’ days;
- Enquiry led RE curriculum;
- A curriculum linked through the key concepts of: identity, power, change, care, conflict, and fairness.